- WHICH IS THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR ME?
Listed below are the KEY POINTS
about each of the products shown above, to help you decide, if needed, which could provide the best options for you.
All of the Product Ranges here provide products from Low to Medium Security right up to High Security with Insurance Approval, allowing you to select the Level of Security that you require based upon your Risk Assessment.
FIXED WINDOW BARS & GRILLES
- fixed window bars; removable Bars & hinged window grilles which are designed for either internal or external use.
FOLDING WINDOW GRILLES
- window bars are permanently in place
- probably the neatest solution overall
- usually the lowest cost solution
- probably the easiest to measure for and install
- no maintenance required
- untracked and tracked types available that concertina back and can also be arranged to hinge around 90 degrees and fold back to the wall. Generally for Internal use but CS10 & CS11 can also be Externally fitted being fully Hot Dipped Galvanised.
SECURITY WINDOW SHUTTERS
- will fold to the side when security is not required, to only 15% of the overall width
- when providing security, not as aesthetically pleasing as the Fixed Grilles
- around 40% more expensive than Fixed Grilles; around 25% cheaper than shutters
- relatively easy to install
- little or no maintenance required
- can be “Built-On” as a retro fit or “Built-In” for new build. Solid, perforated and punched type curtains are available, some with Glazing. Window Shutters
can be either Internally or Externally fixed.
- roll up into a box, leaving only narrow guides each side of the opening
- box at high level may be obtrusive, unless obscured in some way
- most expensive option of all these THREE products
- the most difficult of all three products to install, but not beyond a competent DIY’er
- window shutters require maintenance at least annually
Window Security > Window Shutters > Window Bars